Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Beer! Belgian Cherry Wheat Beer

It's 2013 very soon, and I've just had my first cherry wheat beer.

I knew it'd be good for several reasons:

  1. I've had several glasses of Glenfiddich already. 
  2. My wife bought it. 
  3. It's from Marks & Spencers. 
  4. It's beer.
Number 3 might seem incongruous with the ethos of this site but hey ho ... it was dandy. I've had a few other ales from M&S and they've all been reliably tasty. 

This one was from the Huyghe Brewery in Melle, Belgium and lists orange peel and coriander among its ingredients. 

Check Huyghe's site out: they've got this neat out-of-focus pink elephant thing going on. And their brewing timeline goes back to the 17th century. That's impressive. 

Anyhow, there was a bit of a floral aroma to this that minded me of daffodils. And a rich dark colour. Taste? Like a chewy cherryade. Not my usual, but delicious. 

Now I'm gonna wash it down with more whisky. 

Hoppy new year!!


No comments: